Monday, January 13, 2020

A new treasure lead



Finding treasure leads with today's technology is an easy process. Posted above is an example of what just a few minutes searching free newspaper sources can provide. I used a website that provides free access to many old Oklahoma newspapers. Using "buried treasure" as my keyword search hundreds of newspapers with articles about buried treasure appeared. This website highlights the articles making them easy to find.

While the above article provides little information it does provide enough to find the search area. I simply googled Romulus Oklahoma and clicked on the map that appeared. It was easy enough to find opossum creek and the spot where another creek came together. This area is circled in red on the above map.

This is an active lead for a treasure hunter to follow up on. There are online sources to find names of the land owners to get permission before searching the area east of where these two creeks come together.

Good luck and good hunting

1 comment:

Twinkle Teaches, M.Ed, MLIS said...

Hi there! I love reading your blog. I am currently working from home and my elderly dad has always been interested in treasure hunting. He once had a metal detector and used it in caves in central Mexico. Lately, he has wanted to take it up again. I think his interest came back because I found a raw diamond (very small) near Arkansas in a small, long-forgotten creek where my family and I were camping last year. So I am trying to learn more about treasure hunting in Oklahoma. He has always wanted to pan for gold, even if it is just a trace. I have always wanted to find one real arrowhead *no luck so far, only lost my shoes in the Arkansas River and drove home with muddy feet. I was interested in this post because you say there are online sources to find names of land owners. Can you point me in the right direction for that? Would that be the county commissioner's site? Thanks!