Monday, December 26, 2011

Joe Hunter and the Brass Bucket

                                               Photo courtesy of the Craig Fouts Collection.


      I've been asked to provide more information about the brass bucket that Joe Hunter found in 1934. There's just not much more that I can add to the story other than a photo or two. It is my belief that Joe didn't actually find the the bucket, but received it from an old miner who had found it years before. I can't reveal why I think this at the moment, but we have evidence to support this theory.

I have been researching stories for the videos that I will be posting soon, so between that and other obligations my time has been limited. I will be writing a few more stories about local treasure and maybe a few about a trip I will be taking in the near future.

Good Luck and Good Hunting!

No comments: